Montipora flaking apart - Help needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmillen68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmillen68

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Montipora that within the last 3 days in starting to flake apart in the center of the coral. It has been in tank for over a year and has quadrupled in size. Any ideas as to why or what could cause this?

Just within the last two weeks I did have a temperature spike in the tank that I didn't catch for a few days, 78 is normal and temp got to 82 degrees. Temp is back under control.
Parameter's are consistent Alk 8.6, Mg 1420, CA 390, its a 180 gallon SPS dominant tank that has been set-up for 3 years. Nitrates 22 and phosphates .004 are checked weekly as is a low nutrient system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Green Monti.jpg
 
No, nothing has been on it, but it has gotten worse everyday. Dying from the inside out.

On Monti eating nudibranch's, I have added 20+ nudibranch's to the system in the last couple of months from Reeftown. Could there possibly have been some in there not sure. But neither of my other two Monti's are having this issue.
 
No, nothing has been on it, but it has gotten worse everyday. Dying from the inside out.

On Monti eating nudibranch's, I have added 20+ nudibranch's to the system in the last couple of months from Reeftown. Could there possibly have been some in there not sure. But neither of my other two Monti's are having this issue.
It may be a flow issue if there's not enough flow in that area.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new