Montipora ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter meir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
354
Location
Israel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
870addf73f5618ee81015a6069cc9fb5.jpg
what montipora is this
 
I was away for a week when I bought it so it hasn't had light for a few days
 
Are chalices like reg Monti caps where they take over whole pieces of rock or r they like a coral that keeps to it self @PaReeferJ
 
I agree with @PaReeferJ , that appears to be a Hollywood stunner chalice. It's most definitely not a monti. They grow in a similar fashion but are much more irritating than monti's as chalices have a "sweeper" tentacle for catching prey (and killing other close corals).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new