Montipora id's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slythy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slythy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
907
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased these fairly cheap Monti's for my SPS trial run. Any idea what either of them are? I thought they looked pretty cool.

Thanks,!

Bv9Vv0C.jpeg


YIoVANB.jpeg
 
The first maybe a bubblegum or forest fire digi? Some type of digitata. The second looks like a rainbow montipora (or at least very similar to mine)
 
1st one looks like montipora digitata/samarensis
 
I'm doing basically the same thing right now:) hope it goes well for you.
 
The Forest fire seems right! thanks

As far as the second one I dont think it was suppose to be a branching monti just encrusting but I would love for it too!
 
I'm doing basically the same thing right now:) hope it goes well for you.

Well they have seemingly done well but only been in there for 2 weeks or so. I have a bunch of Acro's showing up soon (kinda unexpectedly) but my green slimer looks happy and is fully extended.
 
I think I have the coral in the first pic. It was given to me as a bubblegum digi. Has been a pretty slow grower for me.
 
I wish I had the means to know my par levels, but I do not. I have mine in what I'd consider "medium" light for my tank. Haven't glued it to rock yet.
Where do you live?


My bubblegum digi grows pretty faster at around 100-150 for the par

I have mine in the low 200's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new