4C3BA2E1-177E-47AD-A0EC-6140C2A63FA4.jpeg

Could this be from too much flow??

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely could be. What do your parameters look like? How does that birds nest look? Looks like they may have been put in at the same time. Is the birds nest stressed?

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely could be. What do your parameters look like? How does that birds nest look? Looks like they may have been put in at the same time. Is the birds nest stressed?
last I checked my dkh was 8.8 and cal was 439, nitrates and nitrites are near zero and phosphates are zero, the birdsnest was put in maybe 2 months ago and the monti was put in 1 month ago, the birdsnest is just now coloring up but has been growing like a weed since I got it

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last I checked my dkh was 8.8 and cal was 439, nitrates and nitrites are near zero and phosphates are zero, the birdsnest was put in maybe 2 months ago and the monti was put in 1 month ago, the birdsnest is just now coloring up but has been growing like a weed since I got it
I'd move it down from the light a bit and out of direct flow. If there is still flesh on it, it will survive. Your parameters sound okay. I would maybe feed a little more and get at least some detectable nitrates. That's about all.

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd move it down from the light a bit and out of direct flow. If there is still flesh on it, it will survive. Your parameters sound okay. I would maybe feed a little more and get at least some detectable nitrates. That's about all.
Only a small part lost flesh and that was the part that was like right in front of the power head, I move the powerhead over a bit and I'll see if moving it down helps it, thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back