Montipora Question

ReefRookie22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2024
Messages
122
Reaction score
183
Location
Bristol
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've had a Kung Pao Montipora Palawanensis frag in my tank for a couple of months now. My question is, is this growth normal? I mean the colour (pink) and the texture.
It looks like it might be developing a yellow colour (which is correct for the variety) but overall I just don't think it looks that healthy.
What does new growth on palawanesis look like?
IMG_20251013_174204.jpg
 
Hi,
I've had a Kung Pao Montipora Palawanensis frag in my tank for a couple of months now. My question is, is this growth normal? I mean the colour (pink) and the texture.
It looks like it might be developing a yellow colour (which is correct for the variety) but overall I just don't think it looks that healthy.
What does new growth on palawanesis look like?
IMG_20251013_174204.jpg
Looks like most ive seen and looks healthy
 
Upvote 0
How are your other corals doing?
Light and flow?
Parameters?
I personally don’t see a reason to dip it again, that will stress it out more
 
Upvote 0
I broke my king pau frag and placed it in a few different spots in my tank, the ones that are in higher light and higher flow do the best. Its a bit more finicky than other monti's, but I don't see anything concerning in your picture
 
Upvote 0
This is the decline in the last 3 days.
Something is definitely wrong. Is it worth redipping?
Any other treatments that could work?
IMG_20251016_120325.jpg
Not convinced this is a pest issue but assure you have decent flow, calcium not below 400 and alk not low also.
 
Upvote 0
Parameters fine.
I don't have very high par but it's in a good spot for flow. Everything else doing fine including a beach bum that is just behind it. Thanks all for your replies.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new