Montipora setosa growth?

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tanks about 1.5 months old and I threw in a setosa just to test it out. It was doing horrible a week ago at the lfs but I've noticed its gotten a lot better. My question is is this growth? It wasn't like this at the lfs and I've never kept this species of montipora before. It becomes easier to see as the days go on

20221123_203801.jpg 20221123_203754.jpg

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand you, Once you purchased the coral and brought it home and it did better. Polyp extension doesn’t mean growth after just a week or so but it is a good sign. For instance: your salt might be spot on sea water level and your lfs might be 1.020. Not to mention your superior lighting or flow or present nutrients etc. If you want to see growth, keep taking pictures each month or so from the same angle/distance. You’ll see growth.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand you, Once you purchased the coral and brought it home and it did better. Polyp extension doesn’t mean growth after just a week or so but it is a good sign. For instance: your salt might be spot on sea water level and your lfs might be 1.020. Not to mention your superior lighting or flow or present nutrients etc. If you want to see growth, keep taking pictures each month or so from the same angle/distance. You’ll see growth.
Oh I know that. Not talking about the polyps extension but I'm noticing white tips and I haven't kept this specific species before

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SPS in general are slow growers, but that setosa is a real slow grower. As others said, polyp extension is good. Just leave it in the same area and let it be.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back