Montipora Show Off Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter butts182
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This one's different. It's encrusting more so than plating. The polyps are more purple-blue, lime green base:

IMGP2468.JPG
Could be your LA Lakers monti? I have some in the tank and depending on its location holds those same colors.
 
Here's a pic of a frag under t-5 of my LA lakers monti but in the DT under MH it is a green base.
 

Attachments

  • index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 965
Strawberry patch monti
 

Attachments

  • 2012-12-02_16-26-51_590.jpg
    2012-12-02_16-26-51_590.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 925
Monti's are by far my favorite corals. Here's a few of mine. Hope to get some of the more rare ones at the next swap by me.
Yellow digi
BC561912-2DA0-427A-A255-F4CD2D3D0F53-8094-00000E52552AD21E.jpg

Rainbow
A6198541-44A4-43C2-9720-D442760C60AD-8094-00000E527147C49A.jpg

Jedi mind trick
8CB42A91-FB32-4B35-B7E6-16B1D672B841-8094-00000E526BD21345.jpg

Seasons greetings
FDF485C4-A331-4ED3-9CD4-42F706E5A279-8094-00000E52668C0FF2.jpg

Superman
9AFD9B41-3313-4A4A-99DE-26A4BE3FB70C-8094-00000E527952A9AB.jpg

Grinch. Took a frag off the top
9A5E3504-E49B-4796-A7E7-8C9C68E6DC8F-8094-00000E525BD477E0.jpg

True undata
52FCDCC7-C8CA-4C85-9F24-C3C1E05512F6-8094-00000E524EEBA033.jpg

Appleberry. Just wont encrust. Just keep getting thicker and thicker
2DAC685A-81D1-4A44-9A8B-E10C6A991738-8094-00000E526180AED4.jpg


I have a few others but pretty common and I just can't get good pics in those locations. I gotta find me some of the more rare ones though.
 
Thanks, I've done it on my other Monti Cap but I recently accidentally broke the cap off the rock so I took the clam off and the cap is so big I can't glue it back down... I'm not sure what to do with it.
 
jgraz that yellow digi is sick! sweet collection as well.

Thank you. I'm actually considering going all montipora in this tank. I can't begin to tell you how much I love them.
I have a few more that I just can't get good pics of because of location ATM.
Orange cap
Spongeods
UWW rainbow starburst
Sunset
Poker star
JF setosa

Soon as I can I'll get some pics up of those as well
 
Last edited:
This is my Tyree flowerpetal Monti. Other than the horrible white balance of the iPad, I love my Monti because the shape of the piece. I cannot wait for it to grow bigger!!!!
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new