Montipora white spots

EricLibs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see it come back.
That looks like the ORA supernatural Monti... I had one a long time ago and don't see it around to much anymore. Did you ever find out what the cause of the white spots was ? Was it just low iron ?

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the ORA supernatural Monti... I had one a long time ago and don't see it around to much anymore. Did you ever find out what the cause of the white spots was ? Was it just low iron ?

To be honest they just went away, no pests nothing. Also, I'm not sure it's even a monti, it might even be an isopora.

PensacolaReefKeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink monti with a white spot in the middle almost maybe the size of abe Lincoln's head from a penny. Monti is prob 5" by 3". I think I may have a similar issue. Please let me know if your opinion on the root cause changes. Did the white spot go away after you dosed iron? Did you dose iron?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink monti with a white spot in the middle almost maybe the size of abe Lincoln's head from a penny. Monti is prob 5" by 3". I think I may have a similar issue. Please let me know if your opinion on the root cause changes. Did the white spot go away after you dosed iron? Did you dose iron?
Very old thread.
You might get a better response by making your own thread and including a picture.

magickmouser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it's about the size of a small dessert plate now. It was sold as a "Jedi Mind Trick to me" I know better now. I haven't seen another like it, it's on a mari culture plug, from Indonesia I think.
Just to confirm, it was the low iron causing issues? I'm about to dip my red plating Monti for MENs, but I can't see anything on the coral aside from the weird white patches :/ hoping Iron will do the trick if the dip doesn't

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back