Montipora

Blenny1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys have a friend who is asking me if Montipora will grow ok with LED i am not sure what to tell her so thought i would ask yous on her behalf thanks

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most definitely leds can grow sps. Do you know what kind of light they have?

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool cool she has an orange motipora capricornis frag she got it today lol
What kind of LED lights are in her tank?
LED can sustain all corals she only need to be careful with the intensity. If it is too low SPS would have a hard time.

OP
OP
Blenny1988

Blenny1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these difficult to keep? and do they grow quickly? shes also worrying as there is a slight white on the edge of her monti thanks guys

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these difficult to keep? and do they grow quickly? shes also worrying as there is a slight white on the edge of her monti thanks guys
Montis are some of the easiest SPS, they grow like weeds. The white edges mean grow areas.

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool cool she has an orange motipora capricornis frag she got it today lol
Yep led will keep a monti cap alive and other sps.
Screenshot_20210407-141541_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Blenny1988

Blenny1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats brilliant thanks i will let her know and also tell her she can stop stressing and let her hair down lol :)

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what texture the white edges have. If its smooth and similar in texture to the rest of coral, then yes it is most likely its growth edges. But if the edges are rough, what you are most likely seeing is its skeleton. A few things could cause that recession, either the monti is suffering from RTN(rapid tissue necrosis)/STN(slow tissue necrosis), it has been stung by another coral or that monti has monti eating nudis. Monti eating nudis normally feed on the coral starting from its edges since the nudis can easily retreat below the coral for cover.

OP
OP
Blenny1988

Blenny1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what texture the white edges have. If its smooth and similar in texture to the rest of coral, then yes it is most likely its growth edges. But if the edges are rough, what you are most likely seeing is its skeleton. A few things could cause that recession, either the monti is suffering from RTN(rapid tissue necrosis)/STN(slow tissue necrosis), it has been stung by another coral or that monti has monti eating nudis. Monti eating nudis normally feed on the coral starting from its edges since the nudis can easily retreat below the coral for cover.
Thanks Alex i have just called my friend and she said its smooth along edges so i would say were all good :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%

Back