Dolphins18

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pictures of the fish?

Chloroquine is apparently available again: https://store.nationalfishpharm.com...h-_YeA2qkZPeW2VSS2qKSO_a5lMFtzK5AmIaB1L4HZJ5Q

Jay
Yes filling the QT with water from the DT and doing a WC and once the lights are back on I will do my best to get pictures. Though the probably 100-200 super small dots on the purple tang are not visible via photo, I can only see them when he moves a certain way. There was probably about 20-30 of them 2 days ago.

OP
OP
Dolphins18

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo of the scopas.
The fish is breathing heavier than before, I am becoming more and more convinced I am dealing with velvet. Purple tang covered in small dots, too small to get a photo. Not breathing as heavy as the scopas.

1D4B48C7-E234-4404-BCC8-F9FD33803291.png

QT is set up. I am off tomorrow and could spend the day fishing all the fish out. I do not want to treat the anthias in copper, no chance they make it. Do I have any options for them?

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I am soooo sorry to read this post. Dunno if the Alk dump caused the death of your fish, but I agree with what was said above - at the very least, it might have triggered this as a stressor to a pre-existing condition.

Actually, ATO/Doser/Controller failures such as yours are not as uncommon as many might think; and it's why I started an opensource project 4+ years ago to develop and build a Distributed High Availability Controller specifically to survive and fail safely from even hardware failures of the controller itself. In otherwords, if the controller were to glitch out while an ATO, Dosing, or Water Change operation were underway, a standby secondary controller jumps in and takes over, in very much the same way the Flight System computers on the Space Shuttle or CrewDragon would also handle such a failure. I also have 20 years experience designing and building such high availability architectures for international mobile telecommunications (aka GSM carriers) companies.

It's also based around RaspberryPi's, so it's quite affordable, flexible and scalable (from 1 to 20 aquariums and more) in ways mainstream consumer aquarium controllers aren't.

It does however, still requires some DIY and assembling the pieces and software yourself, but I hope to bring some Turn Key kits on offer later this year, for those who aren't technical, or don't want to assemble it themselves, and would rather just buy, plugin and go.

+1 to this, I typically keep only 3 days worth of any solution in a dosing container because of this. Where can I get on the newsletter to be alerted for when the turnkey solution is ready?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back