More problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned the 48"v2+ for about eight weeks now. At first I had the problem of various channels coming on and off at times it was not programed for. After cycling through the times and changing the hour as instructed sometimes multiple times it would work fine till the next time I changed the program. This time I can't get the reds and greens to go off no matter what I do. Do I have a defective unit since this is happening every time I change the program.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There,

Please try these steps:

If you have any Jebao wave makers on or near the tank, ensure that the Master/Slave function is turned off, or unplug the pumps. Jebao pumps are not FCC certified and give off an unusual amount of interference.

1. Press menu, go to custom and scroll all the way to the hours.
  2. Make sure all night time hours are set to 0 on all 6 channels.
  3. Scroll through all 24 hours multiple times (you can do this quickly, you're not looking at the numbers just cycling every hour multiple times).
  4. Press OK
  5. Reset the clock by pressing and holding the up/down arrow keys at the same time simultaneously. If the time is already correct, change it by 1 hour then change it back before pressing OK.
  6. Press and hold the left+right arrow key. A wifi symbol should appear on the screen and flash for a few seconds.

OP
OP
J

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have followed these steps after every time I changed my program mainly as a precaution. Most times it worked even if I had to do it more than once. Today I entered my final program after acclimation and could not get the red and green channels to go off even after three attempts at following the above steps. This has become very frustrating.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have followed these steps after every time I changed my program mainly as a precaution. Most times it worked even if I had to do it more than once. Today I entered my final program after acclimation and could not get the red and green channels to go off even after three attempts at following the above steps. This has become very frustrating.
What exact hour are the reds/greens on? I can cross check that against the default program to see if there may be a residual program. What are you running those colors on otherwise?

OP
OP
J

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would come on at 1200 when scheduled to come on at 1400 at 2% and 1500 at 6% till 2100. They went off on schedule but came on early the next day. This lasted for three days as I verified the program and ran through the hours and changing the time as instructed several times. After that it went to normal and has been fine for the last three days. I only had problems after a program change of intensity as I acclimated. Don't think it was anything I was doing wrong.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back