More stocking help

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some more stocking help, I have a 73G display 4ft long 2ft wide and 16 inches tall with a 30 gallon sump. About 100 gallons total volume, I’m a little worried about my stocking list and just want to make sure that all these fish will get along once I’m done. Currently in the tank I have:
1. Pair of clowns
2. One spot foxface
3. Royal gramma
4. Pin tail fairy wrasse
I plan to add the following in this order
1. Blue flasher and Mccoskers flasher (same time) I will be getting those two within a week
2. Flame hawk
3. Melanurus wrasse and yellow coris wrasse (same time)
4. White tail bristletooth tang
I’m worried it will either be too many fish or there will be aggression. Any help is appreciated!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hear mixed opinions about the Melanurus and Yellow Coris Wrasse. I want both and have a 125. I've been told they'll do perfectly fine together and I've been told they fight constantly. Most research I've done suggests they're compatible but it is something to watch out for. Also, you're probably going to have to really keep the pods seeded to keep both wrasses fed in a small tank. Are you going to have a refugium with lots of rock in the sump?

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear mixed opinions about the Melanurus and Yellow Coris Wrasse. I want both and have a 125. I've been told they'll do perfectly fine together and I've been told they fight constantly. Most research I've done suggests they're compatible but it is something to watch out for. Also, you're probably going to have to really keep the pods seeded to keep both wrasses fed in a small tank. Are you going to have a refugium with lots of rock in the sump?
Just did some googling on the two of them together and I get what your saying, you got both good and bad. Maybe I will only stick to one to avoid agression and not have to worry about pods. I don’t have a refugium right now but plan to get one in the future. Everything else looks ok to you?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just did some googling on the two of them together and I get what your saying, you got both good and bad. Maybe I will only stick to one to avoid agression and not have to worry about pods. I don’t have a refugium right now but plan to get one in the future. Everything else looks ok to you?
I'm not a fish expert by any stretch but the stocking list looks ok to me. It might be a lot of fish in a small tank so just make sure there's plenty of hiding spots and plenty of swimming room when they get to be full grown. It's a good footprint for both I'd say.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fish expert by any stretch but the stocking list looks ok to me. It might be a lot of fish in a small tank so just make sure there's plenty of hiding spots and plenty of swimming room when they get to be full grown. It's a good footprint for both I'd say.
That’s what I was thinking, and also thinking of adding more rock to be safe. Thank you for your help

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back