More Yellow Tail Damsels

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and happy Friday!

I have a single Yellow Tail Damsel, and have had for several years. I recently decided that I really like this fish. It is small, not very aggressive and looks neat. I have seen many pictures tanks which have several of these little guys. Has anyone out there had success adding more to an environment that already has one?

I only have a few fish in my 220G:

Fusi Goby
2 Clowns (Ocellaris)
Chromis
Yellow Tail Damsel
Lyrtail Anthias Pair
Kole Tang
Foxface

I just want to add two more for now. As a reference, my future stocking plan involved at lease another tang, three more anthias and maybe a couple cardinals (all subject to availability and water column space).

LBehr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a large enough tank that you should be okay but those little guys can be pure evil. In a smaller tank I would guess that the existing damsel would rip the new ones to shreds. Honestly you might be better off adding a bunch so that he has less time to focus on one like people do with cichlids.

Zoot098

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May want to try the Azure damsels, they are very similar looking but WAY less aggressive, I have had 5 in a 75g for a year with no aggression towards new fish or each other. just an opinion

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back