More Yellow Tail Damsels

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
1,659
Reaction score
1,107
Location
Ottawa, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and happy Friday!

I have a single Yellow Tail Damsel, and have had for several years. I recently decided that I really like this fish. It is small, not very aggressive and looks neat. I have seen many pictures tanks which have several of these little guys. Has anyone out there had success adding more to an environment that already has one?

I only have a few fish in my 220G:

Fusi Goby
2 Clowns (Ocellaris)
Chromis
Yellow Tail Damsel
Lyrtail Anthias Pair
Kole Tang
Foxface

I just want to add two more for now. As a reference, my future stocking plan involved at lease another tang, three more anthias and maybe a couple cardinals (all subject to availability and water column space).
 
It is a large enough tank that you should be okay but those little guys can be pure evil. In a smaller tank I would guess that the existing damsel would rip the new ones to shreds. Honestly you might be better off adding a bunch so that he has less time to focus on one like people do with cichlids.
 
May want to try the Azure damsels, they are very similar looking but WAY less aggressive, I have had 5 in a 75g for a year with no aggression towards new fish or each other. just an opinion
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new