Morphs

cheapfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at the new idea for morphing it brought back an old thought i had. I was told morphing was due to interbreeding not anything i could control. I have plenty of tiny insulin sterile needles with really small syringes so my question is. can you inject the zoalanthae algea from one zoa into another zoa to create a hyrbrid.

Last edited:

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. Let's start at the base of your question. Who told you that morphing was do to interbreeding?

brian92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about morphing, the guy at the LFS told me with a straight face "that if you microwave a zoanthid colony for a few second it kills of some of the Zoalanthae algae and the zoas morph."

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure he said "Morphs" and didn't say "Melts?"

OP
OP
C

cheapfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i reread my op and corrected my english but it was a local board which lead me to believe that morphing of chemicals is due to sexual type reproduction between two varying species. but i cant see that being a possibility so i want to cross the zoalanthae algae of two species but is that what kills two touching corals? also is there a good way to extract these chemicals?

thanks
mike

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back