Most peaceful wrasse you’ve ever had

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As crazy as it seems, in two different tanks , my 6 line wrasse. Leopard also very good occupant.

RosieSkys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm just fortunate. My LFS is not even a quarter mile away and has mccoskers wrasses there at all times for 25$. They get to be fat little fish too and eat really well
Where is this LFS??? I would love to a McCosker's when my 160G is up in running this summer.

hkmapear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
You must not have any other wrasse because Mystery Wrasse is not what I would ever think can be describe as peaceful. Certainly not to other wrasse
You must not have any other wrasse because Mystery Wrasse is not what I would ever think can be describe as peaceful. Certainly not to other wrasse

I got one cleaner wrasse too.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and how did you introduce these guys so they play nice?

The cleaner and rose scale were from my 45 gallon. After three years I upgraded to a 220g and bought the others. I QTed them all together, and specifically looked for fish as small as possible since my QT tank is a 40g AIO.

The rose scale was the boss of my 45 gallon, he's probably 5-6" and a thick boy.

I added the new ones to the DT at the same time and the rose scale never really cared.

Later I added an emperor angel and he keeps the peace in the tank. When my yellow and purple tang start to get a little angry at one another, he steps in and grunts/chases them apart.

RosieSkys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cleaner and rose scale were from my 45 gallon. After three years I upgraded to a 220g and bought the others. I QTed them all together, and specifically looked for fish as small as possible since my QT tank is a 40g AIO.

The rose scale was the boss of my 45 gallon, he's probably 5-6" and a thick boy.

I added the new ones to the DT at the same time and the rose scale never really cared.

Later I added an emperor angel and he keeps the peace in the tank. When my yellow and purple tang start to get a little angry at one another, he steps in and grunts/chases them apart.
Thank you! Things I'll keep in mind when I get my 160G ready this summer. I really love wrasses and hope to have a few different varieties.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back