Mountain rocks for cichlid hides

BLB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2021
Messages
29
Reaction score
44
Location
China
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malawi cichlids
I’m super happy!!! I found some pretty big stones at the top of a mountain and took them home for a 9-1 water-bleach soak before rinsing then soaking in our hard tap water. I know I can make these big butt stones into a beautiful hide/nest for some of my big Mbuna. I’m hoping the other rocks can be rearranged for the smaller Mbuna my friend gifted me. The new rocks I grabbed were one big, thin, flat and almost square looking But buy far the heaviest. That I plan to make the roof of the hide. The other 2 are kinda long and slim but with ample hight. I plan these tho be the wall supports. From the pic you can’t really grasp the dimensions but they were heavy for a mountain walk.

E0267B42-56CE-432B-9015-730444946916.jpeg F37DF0EF-EB8B-4889-B852-3A04F5197632.jpeg 01367FBF-F1D5-4708-912B-0C8E21D1B6D0.jpeg
 
Beautiful Aulonocaras! You have a nice cichlid collection!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new