mounting frags

acnmfelice

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to mount a frag to a rock? i.e. frogspawn or hammer. i use the putty but that seems useless. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
 
I use super glue or loctite gel, then some water weld, then more glue. When you push it against the rock, give it a tiny twist to make sure the skin on the glue breaks. I also don't glue more than 5 frags at a time because of the microbubbles and because the epoxy will make your skimmer go nuts.
 
I have had good luck using super glue gel and putting a glob on then dipping it under water so it forms a skin. I repeat that a few times until I think there is enough glue to get into the crevices. Then I just push the coral onto the Rock and give it a little twist.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new