Mounting XR30 onto Kessil Mounting Arm

KENNYSREEF

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
371
Reaction score
155
Location
Mesa, Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

Has anyone tried mounting an XR30 onto the Kessil Mounting Arm before? The rigid one not the flexible one. I believe I saw Sin City Corals do this to XR15, but not sure if I saw anyone do it for XR30.. assuming it should be the same concept..

The reason I'm asking is because I have a Waterbox 50.3, and the RMS Arms are too intrusive into the AIO overflow area and I can't fit another one back there with the equipment that I have.



1727287899137.png
 
Hello -

Has anyone tried mounting an XR30 onto the Kessil Mounting Arm before? The rigid one not the flexible one. I believe I saw Sin City Corals do this to XR15, but not sure if I saw anyone do it for XR30.. assuming it should be the same concept..

The reason I'm asking is because I have a Waterbox 50.3, and the RMS Arms are too intrusive into the AIO overflow area and I can't fit another one back there with the equipment that I have.



1727287899137.png
I have some extra RMS hardware I think you could easily make work. I could send it to you if you just pay the freight

these are the pieces.....I'm sure you could get it to work

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/x...TEHYFsNmvDzeI5nEQPZ_oVHe5TktMSBBoCcCoQAvD_BwE
 
I did on my 60 gallon cube
1731396663696.jpeg
I'm looking to do the same, mount an XR30 to a Kessil arm.

Is the weight of the XR30 okay to put on that arm, stress on glass?
Could you be kind enough to post a few pics of the top and side of how you mounted it.

Thanks
 
I'm looking to do the same, mount an XR30 to a Kessil arm.

Is the weight of the XR30 okay to put on that arm, stress on glass?
Could you be kind enough to post a few pics of the top and side of how you mounted it.

Thanks
Sorry for the delay, I don’t believe there is a lot of stress on the glass. Here are a couple pics
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 75

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new