move sucessful

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally moved to Nashville. I had issues setting up a move tank because my floors had to be redone here. I ended up moving the tank in the middle of the move with all of the furniture. Needless to say I would not recommend this to anyone. especially moving from 50 miles from Canada down to Nashville. All in all the move was a sucess but I did lose a bi-colored fox face in the move. My nem split so I will be selling off a RBTA if any one is intrested.

here are the pics right after the split. We will see how all my SPS does as a result of this move. I should post pics about how I did the move I learned some good stuff about what to do and (most importantly) what not to do.

IMG_1305.jpg

Looking forward to the July Meeting.

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 132

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes... dont be shy..

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you made it with minimal loss. If you need anything, just post here.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born and raised here in Nashville. I have come back home. after being in Akron OH for three years.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born and raised not far from Akron! Ohio's a nice place, if you can handle the cold and the lack of work. Looking forward to seeing you at the meetings, and how about some pictures of your tank when you get settled enough? We love to look!

OP
OP
M

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post pics I had to put the tank together at AM. I have no sand right now and I just put stuff in as quickly as possible. I will post pics though soon. I have to stress test the 90 and then I will move into that then start building out the 210 asap.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the ville.
Sorry fir your loss but with a 600mi move your lucky. I think moving a tank is just as bad as moving a house.
Don't be shy if need help finding anything locally.

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be following along. I would really like any advice you have from your move. I will be moving down to South Florida in about a month (about 500 miles). I have a 75 gal that will be going with me, 6 fish and about 50 corals.

OP
OP
M

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I have learned a lot from the move I will be glad to post some pics once my internet connection gets up and running. I will be glad to give you or sell you some of the stuff I collected for my move and discuss what I felt like worked well and what I would have tweaked either a bit or a lot. I would make sure that you have oxygen to move your fish with. I was told that every one does not feed in the days before a move. I would probably say that this is more dependant on the type of fish some might not do well after 4 days of not being fed. but the idea is this is to cut down on wast in the bag. more water the better with the bags and double/triple tie the bags. with the pure oxygen in the top.

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have a list of moving supplies. I figure I need prob a dozen 5 gal buckets with lids and some bags as you said above. I can get the buckets and lids from Walmart for around 6 bucks each. I will get some bags from my LFS. I do plan to use new sand as I have been told not to reuse what I have. What else do I really need ?

OP
OP
M

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do not feed your fish 2-3 days before to cut down on waste if you have large fish large bags. Oxygen is used to transport fish long distances. Plan on a covered van and heat and cool appopriatly. I would have both ice packs and hand warmers on hand as the regulation of temp is a challange even when moving in an open storage van.

OP
OP
M

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have rigid airline tubing to put in the 5 gallon buckets and bubble for oxigenation. Fill them all the way to the top and then ensure the lids are on tight.

Trash cans filled with water for the LR only fill to top of the rock. Secure well by taping the lids on and only 1/2 full with water. I did not bubble these with airline and every thing ended up fine.

I have a perponderance of trash cans some 5 gallon buckets that have egg crate and the whisper 100 and 60 if you need them. I would be happy to discuss share photos etc.

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes photos would be great !! I wish you weren't so far away or I would take you up on a few items. Did you drill a hole in the lids of the buckets for the air line tubing or just pop off the lid? I guess either way it prob doesn't matter.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back