Move this RFA?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,697
Reaction score
80,604
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is a bit big for my 10g and it covers some of the zoas on my zoa rock. Looks like they are getting stung a bit. The RFA is anchored under the zoa rock.

Thinking of trying to put it into a pvc pipe cap and move it over a bit to the right in the sandbed. Any advice on getting it off of that rock and into the cap/sandbed?

IMG_20220315_171029364.jpg
 
Hard to say - most of those zoas/palys look very healthy. I have several large RFAs clustered with 2 large zoa colonies and everyone is doing fine. I'd be inclined to just leave it.
Maybe I'll just move the midas zoa frag. It is only 2 polyps and gets totally covered by the RFA. Can live with a few unhappy dragon eyes.
 
Maybe I'll just move the midas zoa frag. It is only 2 polyps and gets totally covered by the RFA. Can live with a few unhappy dragon eyes.
Whatever works. I've kind of adopted the "wild kingdom" approach with my corals and anemones - letting them sort it out on their own.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new