Moved from Michigan, tank setup

Jason Judd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Folks!

We just moved in from Michigan and have set back up the fiahtank. It was super sad to have to start over, but we had too long of a lag to try to keep anything.

I tried to keep my live rock, well, a live, but apparently someone went awry during the six months I stored it. It appears that the Rock is Dead! :-(

I'd love to swap some rock rubble with someone to reseed my tank if there's anyone close by franklin or Nolensville that's up to it. Here's a picture of the tank now.

20180707_215003.jpg

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Middle TN. I am new to the area also.

Tank looks nice. What size is it?

As for rocks I would love to help ya out some but they are all secured together making it harder to move a couple of pieces.

OP
OP
J

Jason Judd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Tim,

Its a 90 gal with a 30 gal sump. I hear you about messing with the secured ones, don't go and upset your tank. I'm hoping to get ahold of someones coralined rumble pieces that I can swap with and then scatter on my rock to seed it with.

How long you been reefing?

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing reef tanks since 2003. From mid 2009 till about 4 months ago I had been out of the hobby.

OP
OP
J

Jason Judd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joker. Is there a tank out there without algae?! As long as it doesn't have anything that's a real nuisance like bubble algae etc then game.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bubble algae so far, but you know how things go with reef tanks. I started with dry rocks, dry sand, and was so careful. Still have bristle worms, and some aptasia.

OP
OP
J

Jason Judd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joker. I sent you a PM. I appreciate the communities help! I did all my good turns taking my tank down and sharing the love, now hopefully I can get some of that pent up Karma back! :)

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Middle Tennessee! I'm happy to give you a scoop of rubble. I'm east of Nashville out past the airport. I've got worms, mini brittle stars, and other assorted pods and critters in my reef. Maybe we could meet up at the next meeting in Hendersonville.

OP
OP
J

Jason Judd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! You are my hero. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Gotta get all the little guys back in the tank! I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make the meet on Saturday, but will let you know soon. It's a great hobby because of the community.

Jason

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 78 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back