Moved

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently moved and finally moved my tank. My question is now how long do I have to wait to add my rock and fish back into the tank I used new sand, some water from the old system and the same rock from the set up before. Fish and rock are currently in a tote waiting to be put back into the display with a heater and a pump, the main tank is up and circulating but the water is cloudy I’m assuming from the sand. Thanks in advance for the advice

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless there's a reason you're not telling, then the sooner the better. The old rock will be the key to a smooth transition. It's what is going to maintain the cycle. the sooner you get it all in place and back to stable conditions the better everything will turn out.

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless there's a reason you're not telling, then the sooner the better. The old rock will be the key to a smooth transition. It's what is going to maintain the cycle. the sooner you get it all in place and back to stable conditions the better everything will turn out.
I guess my question is it okay to add everything back into the display with cloudy water

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cloudy water from the new sand? then yes. If it's cloudy from something else then possibly not. I suspect you're talking about dust from the new sand... Of course it would've been better to prevent that but the fish will be fine, it's not going to effect anything

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Said cloudy water

43F4DEEE-282F-415B-95A3-4B79AAB5B9C4.jpeg

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Clarity! When I was setting up my tank, cloudy water drove me crazy. After several water changes, I just happened to move a starfish seashell I had put in. Huge mistake! It was rotting and had a thick coat of slime. I never dreamed they would do that.

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Clarity! When I was setting up my tank, cloudy water drove me crazy. After several water changes, I just happened to move a starfish seashell I had put in. Huge mistake! It was rotting and had a thick coat of slime. I never dreamed they would do that.
Oof that’s horrible how long did it take to clear up after using it?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof that’s horrible how long did it take to clear up after using it?
Not long at all. I use it anytime the water gets stirred up.

Another thing that I have found so helpful is Poly Filter. I accidentally overdosed Cupramine and that and carbon saved my fish.

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I moved everything and I lost 9 Nems and 1 pink skunk so far my tangs damsel and other pink skunk are okay

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The move is coming along nicely the 90 is up and running and the 20 is freshly moved

C3EEA682-DD20-42B3-9525-BFC1530FBA83.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back