Moving 150 gallon need help

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
So I happened to stumble upon a 150gallon tank, sump,rocks, some coral and 2 clowns, lemon peel angel fish, and a banded butterflyfish. They want it all gone and I want to take it because it is for the low low price of FREE.
I have no problems moving the sump rock and tank. But what am I supposed to do with the fish? I have a 75gallon tank with 2 clowns, a damsel, and a bi color Blenny. It is still a young tank and don’t think it could handle the spike in bioload from the other fish. Plus I have read that lemon peels eat crustaceans which my 75 gallon has some. Any ideas? My only thought is to setup the sump as a QT as I get the new tank setup but I don’t want to put the fish through hell or kill them.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another good option is to get a 20 gallon tank with a HOB filter and just add the first to that tank with the media and some live rock from the tank you are getting. The liverock plus the filter media in the 20 gallon will be more than enough to sustain the fish and still give them places to hide in the rocks.

Another option is just to add the new fish to your current tank and just add a few pieces of the liverock you are getting from the new tank. This should be able to sustain that bioload.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back