Moving a 20 fusion. Have some concerns.

Fishyj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
712
Reaction score
526
Location
Niagara Falls NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, as the title says I will be moving my tank from the basement to the dining room. I plan on replacing the sand I currently have. I will be using live sand. My concern is that I have had very minimal live rock in the tank and now I will be adding about 15 pounds of dry reef rock to my tank. What would be the best way to add this rock? I know that the tank will have a mini cycle but what other problems may arise?
 
Is there any possibility that you could cure your dry rock for a few weeks in a separate container before the move? That could reduce the effect on the tank when you move it.
 
I rather not take a chance and order some dry life rock and be worry free.
 
When I upgraded from my nuvo 20 to my 40B, I put 20lbs of dry rock in a 5 gallon bucket of saltwater with a powerhead, added a couple marinepure spheres from my nuvo then added ammonium chloride and cycled the rock like a normal tank. Once the cycle was complete, I then moved everything into the 40B and did not have a cycle
 
Last edited:
I had it cycling in saltwater , probably did not wait long enough though. I only ended up using 10 pounds so I don’t think I will have any problems with it. Thanks for the replies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new