Moving a tank, need help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cmwalters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cmwalters

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2014
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
Location
Cleveland, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sister, who caught the reef bug from me, is purchasing a 30 gallon full setup that is already up and running. Ideally, I would have liked her to start from scratch but the price was too good to pass up. We will have to move everything a little under an hour back to her apartment. I think I have a general idea of how everything is going to go down but I still am a little worried. I would like to know if any of y'all have moved a tank, and if so how you did it. Any tips/tricks will be welcomed and anything that you messed up on will be duely noted. Thanks ahead of time!
 
Five gallon buckets with lids, rubber maid tubs, and a pump. Just don't let the livestock get to hot. Just take your time don't rush it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new