Moving a used Red Sea E-260

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be buying and moving an established Red Sea E-260 this weekend. On the most part, I'm comfortable with the move (thanks to the many moving posts on R2R). I just need to find a supply of buckets of water and be prepared to carry a lot of water buckets.

We were planning on buying a new house later this spring and figured after I moved I'd start a new tank. My wife found the E-260 on Craigslist for a great price and we decided to pull the trigger a little earlier than planned. So for my previously planned future tank, I purchased a square of Marine Pure and some AquaRoche ceramic rock to help scape the future aquarium. My question is this - if I put the Marine Pure and AquaRoche ceramic rock in the E-260 will this cause a mini-cycle? I was planning on using some Dr. Tim's One & Only Nitrifying Bacteria to reduce the mini-cycle from the move in general. Will this be sufficient to reduce the risk of a cycle?

Also, in my existing 38 gallon bowfront I have a pretty large bubble tip anemone that hosts an Ocellaris Clownfish. The E-260 has two orange/black/white clownfish in it. Am I setting myself up for problem with three clownfish in the same E-260 when I eventually combine both tanks?

Looking forward to setting up this beauty of a tank and starting a build thread!

OP
OP
Dub_G

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current owner of the tank has decided to set up a smaller tank to keep his two clowns. Glad that they will stay with him. I was prepared to take them to LFS for credit. But this is a better solution in my mind.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back