Moving an Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter jordanrb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jordanrb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
224
Reaction score
58
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to move my tank 3 feet over. Its only a 20g cube on a stand. Is there a minimum i should empty the tank or is it safe as long as i can pick it up?
 
I would take half the water out just so it's not sloshing around when you move it. plus it will make it easier to move.
 
I would take half the water out just so it's not sloshing around when you move it. plus it will make it easier to move.
Ok and there is no concern for any structural issues to the tank moving it with that much water?
 
I’ve always been told never move a tank that has water in it as it will weaker the joints. I would empty it completely.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new