Moving bluestripe pipefish from 10g to 30g help

coastalnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 10g waterbox with a single blue stripe pipefish in it. There is a bunch of algae in the tank for the pods to grow and reproduce. The pipefish has been in there for a few months now and is doing great. But I was thinking about putting him in my 30g long reef tank. I am thinking about doing this to cut down on maintenance and to make things easier on myself. I love the pipefish so I want to transfer it over to my reef tank. I know there are pods in the 30g but I can’t see them. In the 10g I am able to see them running all over the place. The tank is like a pod sanctuary. So I am wondering if the pipefish would be fine in the 30g with the pods. I would most likely also order some tisbee pods to help populate the 30 even more. Currently for the 30g long I have 1 baby tomini tang, 1 clownfish, 1 fairy wrasse, and 1 yellow watchman goby. I will attach a photo of both the 10g and the 30g. Let me know what you guys think I should do. Any input is helpful.

44ADE650-BFBF-435B-8729-5E0CDE1A8095.jpeg 7119BCE4-7925-4833-A314-A6FC9139A6B9.jpeg

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't think it would be an issue. maybe try and transfer as many pods as well. I have 2 blustripes in with a few other pipefish and seahorses and clowns.. in a 35g and they are all fat and happy. I do feed baby brine every few days as well.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
maybe hold off on the transfer until you feel confident the 30 is populated or seeded enough with pods to sustain the pipefish's life until you can either resupply or verify if the pods are thriving.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back