Moving Large Aquarium Question

reelss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I will be moving a large 6x2x2 feet rimless aquarium (roughly 180 gallons) this weekend. The aquarium will have to be stood up vertically for a few minutes as it is maneuvered through a corridor into my office. Is this generally ok to do for an aquarium this size?
It is made by waterbox, if that helps.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve maneuvered a180 (same dimensions) into a basement and back out when I sold it which required standing on end, shouldn’t be a problem. Make sure there’s no “jolts” because of the seals; soft, slow and steady.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be fine. I would suggest a 4 wheeled dolly might be worth having on hand to make maneuvering the tank easier while it is vertical. If you have a couple of these dollies it will also help moving the tank when it is horizontal.

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this, get some of those big suction cup handles and you'll be good to go. Took 4 guys with those to move my 6' 250g.

Had to stand on end while moving it down the 180 on the stairs. Manufacturer said it would be no problem.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back