• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Moving Sale - Complete Setup

OP
OP

02tts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That brings me to my next question - does anyone know and recommend of someone who specializes in moving fish tanks? I can probably call some heavy movers like I did last time but I would prefer someone experienced. I just need someone to move the tank itself, which weighs about 1100lbs.

Thanks in advance.

tuan12321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Andy Aquarium Shop (1811 Bomar Dr, North Palm Beach, FL 33408) and he will know a few guys in the area specializing in moving tanks. This might cost you ~2k though depending on which floor level!

OP
OP

02tts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Andy Aquarium Shop (1811 Bomar Dr, North Palm Beach, FL 33408) and he will know a few guys in the area specializing in moving tanks. This might cost you ~2k though depending on which floor level!

Thanks, I’ll give him a call. It shouldn’t be that much as I only need the physical tank moved not a year down or anything else moved. Last time I paid $400 so I’d expect to be somewhere in the $500-$600 range but we’ll see - two moving companies quoted me $450-$500 but like I said, I rather pay a little more for someone that has the right moving equipment - last time it was 6 guys lifting by hand which was amazing and scary at the same time.

Thank you for the contact.

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’ll give him a call. It shouldn’t be that much as I only need the physical tank moved not a year down or anything else moved. Last time I paid $400 so I’d expect to be somewhere in the $500-$600 range but we’ll see - two moving companies quoted me $450-$500 but like I said, I rather pay a little more for someone that has the right moving equipment - last time it was 6 guys lifting by hand which was amazing and scary at the same time.

Thank you for the contact.
My local LFS moved mine (Top Shelf Aquatics). It was a 300-gallon, 8-ft glass tank with euro-bracing. Didn't cost much.

OP
OP

02tts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard from the builder this morning and our timeline has been bumped up because the home they were building before us got put on hold due to buyer issues so our will now go on a fast track. Anyway, given that our time table has been moved up and wife is really giving me a hard time about moving it into the new place because there really isn't room for it - I'm lowering the price to $10k OBO - I know what this cost me so this is no doubt a bargain if you're looking for a full setup this size and have a place to put it, unlike me.

Please, don't make an appointment to come see it and show up with $2500 in your hand because it's not going to happen - I appreciate it but not going to happen.

If you are truly interested please shoot me an pm.

Thanks for looking.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard from the builder this morning and our timeline has been bumped up because the home they were building before us got put on hold due to buyer issues so our will now go on a fast track. Anyway, given that our time table has been moved up and wife is really giving me a hard time about moving it into the new place because there really isn't room for it - I'm lowering the price to $10k OBO - I know what this cost me so this is no doubt a bargain if you're looking for a full setup this size and have a place to put it, unlike me.

Please, don't make an appointment to come see it and show up with $2500 in your hand because it's not going to happen - I appreciate it but not going to happen.

If you are truly interested please shoot me an pm.

Thanks for looking.
Wow thats an insane price for this kind of setup. GLWS!

135zman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the dilemma after such a big investment in a show tank like yours. Maybe you don’t need a new house, can keep the tank asis, and just look for a replacement for that other variable in the equation who has probably said “I just doesn’t understand why you like all this fish tank stuff”. LOL

I know the situation- been there done that.

OP
OP

02tts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the dilemma after such a big investment in a show tank like yours. Maybe you don’t need a new house, can keep the tank asis, and just look for a replacement for that other variable in the equation who has probably said “I just doesn’t understand why you like all this fish tank stuff”. LOL

Too funny and well said.

OP
OP

02tts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You know, after 20+ years of marriage I’m exhausted and have learned it is cheaper and easier just to give in sometimes.

Like the saying goes, your mileage may vary ;)

Ky1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, after 20+ years of marriage I’m exhausted and have learned it is cheaper and easier just to give in sometimes.

Like the saying goes, your mileage may vary ;)

20+ years of marriage to the hobby or the wife? :p With a tank like that it might not be a bad idea to tear down the house and build a new one around it.

OP
OP

02tts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had someone who made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the custom furniture and so I've teared everything down and need the tank out of the stand as the stand needs to go. Unfortunately the person did not want the tank as they already have their own tank, a 600+ that fits in there perfectly.

Anyway, the tank is now empty and needs to go - if anyone is interested I'll let it go for $3k OBO. The custom sump is also available for $750 and the Aquamaxx protein skimmer for $450.

But it needs to go ASAP, by no later than next week and you have to get your own moving people - if you are hiring a moving company it would take 6 experienced guys.

If anyone is interested PM me please.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FLAWLESS SETUP WOW! EXCELLENT JOB...SOMEDAY I'LL HAVE SOMETHING NICE LIKE THAT! GLWS CHIEF.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 46 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back