Moving Soon "Need Fish Treatment Advice"

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving soon and want to split my fish from my 90g Reef into 2 separate 20 gallon tanks for treatment. I bought a tang and some anthias on Black Friday and finally my luck had run out and my fish got ich and possibly an internal parasite "white stringy poop". 2 of the 3 anthias ended up dying overnight when I first got them and were the first fish loss I had ever had in the tank and the male had brought some type of internal parasite and was the first to exhibit "white stringy poop". The male wouldn't eat and survived over two weeks and by the time I finally caught him and attempted treatment I think I may have been too late. The Kole tang is doing fine right now but ever since adding him I have seen signs of my fish having ich "scratching with large white spot occasionally appearing". I would like to give all the fish a dip in safety stop 2 weeks after they no longer show signs of ich or parasites.

I am finally moving into a home where I will have sufficient space to set up both hospital and QT tanks for my fish and would like some advice on treatment. I was thinking of running a heater and filter on both tanks without a powerhead and running rox carbon to remove the medications once I am done treating. The tanks will have large pvc for the fish to hide in. Also I was thinking of doing 10% daily water changes to prevent ammonia buildup. I will include a list of medications I have available as well as my fish.

Thank you in advanced for any advice I really want to get into the habit of putting everything through QT and if necessary treatment.

Fish
Purple Tang
Kole Tang
Bella Goby
Solon Fairy Wrasse
Flame Hawkfish
2x Pink Skunk Clownfish
Tailspot Blenny

Medications

Fritz Mardel Coppersafe "buying this as alternative to cupramine I read it was much safer when treating wrasses"
Hikari Prazipro
API Melafix
API Pimafix
Kordon Methylene blue
API Furan-2
API Stress Coat
Microbe Lift Herbatana
Microbe Lift Artmeis

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Ich the big discussion is whether to eradicate the parasites or to manage them. Here's some food for thought:

OP
OP
DanSavesTheDay

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Ich the big discussion is whether to eradicate the parasites or to manage them. Here's some food for thought:

Management doesn't seem too bad an idea. The fish all seemed to be doing much better after two weeks of good feeding schedule and clean water. I really would like to move 2 of the fish into a system that doesn't have ich though. I have a 40 breeder which has been established for about a year and the clowns in it are getting moved into their own smaller system in the bedroom with an anemone I have been keeping in a coral box. So I'm thinking of moving the goby and wrasse into that system so the goby will have her original tankmate and an easier time eating "the other fish make her skiddish when they start to feed"

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back