Moving Tank tomorrow

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I will be taking on the task tomorrow to move my 75 gal to my new temporary home. The new location is only about 25kms from where I am now. Any advice to make it as smooth transition?

I have rented a uhaul truck for tomorrow.
I also got 2 wood pallets that i can rest the tank as as it cannot sit flat due to the bulkheads under the tank.

- I plan on draining some of the water into a temporary 20 gallon tank and moving the fish into that tank so they can chill while i move the rest of the tank and get it setup so they are not sitting in buckets all day.

- I have buckets that I plan on putting all my rock in and coving with water for the move

- I will then start to dismantle the tank by draining the rest of the water, and sump. There is only about 3/4 inch sand bed in there, so i do not plan on removing the sand at this point.

- Disconnect apex system and sort out cables and take apart skimmer and other sump reactors.

- Move all to truck and go to new place.

- I have approx 80-90 gallons of saltwater made at my new location ready. ( I did that earlier this week)
- I plan on setting everything back up by adding in new water to the aquarium and then adding corals back in.
- re-introduce the apex system and skimmer. Run carbon and filter socks to help clear the water.
- I will add fish back in on Sunday to allow the tank to settle down and not be cloudy and hopefully stable.

Anything you can add?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,saltwater rinse sand with trash water when emptying,put in bucket to move then rinse again ,just talking by the net full,good luck with your move:)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back