Moving Trident to New Tank

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I did a search both here and at the Neptune forums and don't feel as though I have a definitive grasp on the proper way to move my Trident from my old to my new tank. If anyone has any advice or guidance on this I would be most grateful.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect you just turn it off and move it to the new tank, hook it back up and go through the start-up process to get it going on new tank. It may be off in the level of reagents if you dont replace with fresh but not sure that would be an issue. Also probably would have to calibrate after a few days like a new one.

U

User1

View Badges
Send Neptune Support a ticket and they should provide a easy solution. Should be as easy as shutting it down via the task and restarting once connected all back up. Reagents and all will be the same so it is only moving between A and B. Make sure to do it in-between tests.

Edit: just saw the "new" apex comment. Send in a ticket - that is what I would do.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Disconnect the Trident from your current Apex.
2. Move the Trident to the new tank.
3. On the new Apex, launch the Trident Setup task and follow the instructions. Be sure the Apex firmware is up to date, and don't plug in the Trident cable until instructed.
4. You can skip the steps of installing the reagents if they are not yet empty. However, the Trident will not know the actual reagent levels, so you'll need to wait until it reports a test failure to know it's time to swap reagents.
5. On the old Apex, go into the list of Modules to delete the Trident.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I moved my trident from one tank to another (clearly I may have done this completely incorrectly) I just plugged it in, and it just worked. I figured just like other modules, trident has an internal memory chip and it remembered it's own settings / calibration.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back