Moving

kathya0321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving in 3 weeks to another state, I have a 26 gal tank with fish and corals. The ride is about 5 1/2 hours, but I'm probably not going to be able to reset my tank up for 2 days once I get there. Looking for idea's on how to keep my fish and corals from dying.

OP
OP
kathya0321

kathya0321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both, I was hoping to keep them in a container with heat and oxygen. Not sure how that would happen on the car ride, but once I get to my destination where I would have electricity.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I will be moving in 3 weeks to another state, I have a 26 gal tank with fish and corals. The ride is about 5 1/2 hours, but I'm probably not going to be able to reset my tank up for 2 days once I get there. Looking for idea's on how to keep my fish and corals from dying.
Salvage some of the water in buckets and have an air pump with air stone and even a battery operated air stone from Walmart pet section or sporting goods for the trip.
You have a big advantage leaving a couple of inches of water in tank to keep sand and bacteria wet and setting the tank back up right away which should take less than an hour.
Me personally opposed to the tank, the clothes and lamps and food items for the fridge can wait.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back