MP-40 Flow Question/Setup

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my MP-40 on the settings below for some time now in my 100G Waterbox with is 36x24x24 from the back right wall. I wanted to see your thoughts on the flow and if i should consider turning it down or changing the modes etc. I was going to order another MP-40 for the other side and wanted to run that in tandem.

Capturegggg.JPG

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First question to ask is what do your corals say? Are they happy?

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically corals handle way more flow than people realize, and thrive. Just don’t directly blast them and they will be fine

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my MP-40 on the settings below for some time now in my 100G Waterbox with is 36x24x24 from the back right wall. I wanted to see your thoughts on the flow and if i should consider turning it down or changing the modes etc. I was going to order another MP-40 for the other side and wanted to run that in tandem.

Capturegggg.JPG
Have you been running in steady stream or using one of the modes like lagoon or reef? I’m running 120G with one MP40 in lagoon mode and so far so good.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look bad. I run mine similarly except I only use 2 modes. Reefcrest during the day, and lagoon at night.

I have nutrient export mode tied to my feed mode, so when the feed mode ends, they kick into nutrient export mode @100% for 10 minutes.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First question to ask is what do your corals say? Are they happy?
The corals a very happy. No problems there. The clowns do have a battle a bit in certain parts of the tank hang tend to hand around in the corners. But I guess thats what they do if they dont host anything?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals a very happy. No problems there. The clowns do have a battle a bit in certain parts of the tank hang tend to hand around in the corners. But I guess thats what they do if they dont host anything?
So then bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back