Mp-40 in rsr250

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone with a Red Sea Reefer 250 is 1 MP-40 enough for an SPS dominant tank? If so where have you had success with placement?

Thinking I will probably need another powerhead but checking just in case as never had an MP-40 before and will be arriving in a few days.

I do have more power heads, just seeing if I could get by with a few less cords and power heads in the tank or kidding myself.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own a RS250, but I do have a 90g tank. I currently run 2 MP40, and 2 Neptune WAV pumps.

So for a SPS dominate tank, I will say that having just 1 pump will not be enough. Does that mean you have to get another MP40, no. But you will definitely want more flow in the tank.

Where you will benefit from having another MP40 is that you will be able to run them in Sync/Anti-Sync mode which will not be able to do with a different brand pump.

Just my 2 cents (that I will have to owe you since there is a change shortage)

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured as much and will probably just run one on the back wall so not visible and the mp-40 on the side glass

Was just curious if anyone was actually doing that with any success but agree flow is critical and really hard to do otherwise

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back