MP 40 issues need opinion/help

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I bought a used pair of MP40wqd back around the end of June and just now getting my tank setup..... One of them has a loud bearing chatter noise coming from the dryside and the other one acts like it wants to start then goes through the modes and drops wetside..... where can i send these to have checked out/repaired? Rough cost? Thanks in advance!

slewrock1

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have the dry side adapters on your dry sides that are appropriate for your glass thickness? They make a huge difference.
Otherwise, I would suggest you contact Ecotech directly. They have the best support team in the game.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have the dry side adapters on your dry sides that are appropriate for your glass thickness? They make a huge difference.
Otherwise, I would suggest you contact Ecotech directly. They have the best support team in the game.
+1!

OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got the one to start working and it seems ok now. The other one still chatters. Yes my glass is 1/2” and i only have the gasket between them no spacers

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got the one to start working and it seems ok now. The other one still chatters. Yes my glass is 1/2” and i only have the gasket between them no spacers
Take it off you don’t need it

Any special reefing plans for this week?

• Yes

Votes: 118 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 43.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 25 9.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Boom Corals
Pieces of the Ocean