MP 60 Noise and the QD Upgrade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the new Quite Drive version of the MP60 also reduce noise by 90%? If so, will replacing only the driver reduce the noise on my old version of the pump? If not, is there some sort of exchange program available to upgrade the pump entirely?

The product demonstrations of the MP40 are certainly impressive, but the MP60 seems to suffer from noise that's more of a grinding, possible a result of the fan assembly, rather than a humming/whining noise associated with the original MP40. I've owned the MP60 for almost 4 years now, I even had the motor replaced, twice, thinking there was a problem with the pump, due to the noise it produced.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the new Quite Drive version of the MP60 also reduce noise by 90%? If so, will replacing only the driver reduce the noise on my old version of the pump? If not, is there some sort of exchange program available to upgrade the pump entirely?

The product demonstrations of the MP40 are certainly impressive, but the MP60 seems to suffer from noise that's more of a grinding, possible a result of the fan assembly, rather than a humming/whining noise associated with the original MP40. I've owned the MP60 for almost 4 years now, I even had the motor replaced, twice, thinking there was a problem with the pump, due to the noise it produced.

The 90% reduction comparison is between the original MP40 and its new QuietDrive counterpart. Although, yes there will be SIGNIFICANT noise reduction! I'm not quite sure the actual numbers and percentages, but I'll search them out.

YES! Switching out (upgrading) the driver will significantly reduce the noise across the VorTech line, including MP60s.

There hasn't been any indication that they will implement an exchange program. I wouldn't be too sure they will either, but that's my opinion.

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 90% reduction comparison is between the original MP40 and its new QuietDrive counterpart. Although, yes there will be SIGNIFICANT noise reduction! I'm not quite sure the actual numbers and percentages, but I'll search them out.

YES! Switching out (upgrading) the driver will significantly reduce the noise across the VorTech line, including MP60s.

There hasn't been any indication that they will implement an exchange program. I wouldn't be too sure they will either, but that's my opinion.

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

What sort of investment would involve quieting down my MP60? I'm assuming just the new drive is required?

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of investment would involve quieting down my MP60? I'm assuming just the new drive is required?

I believe the prices for the replacement parts will become available at the product launch. The initial reports are that upgrades should be near or under $100, but a more official price listing is soon to come. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Back