MP10 Ceramic Shaft Broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just broke two of my MP10 Wetside Ceramic Shaft. I got both WES And WQD

WQD Broke first.

The other one i broke IT by swoping the rotary magnet into the WES And got stuck Half way And by the time i pull IT out the WES ceramic shaft broke again.

I think WES And WQD are not the same?

Do i have to replace the whole wetside?

Is there any replace or DIY i can Just repair the shaft?
IMG_20190202_151353.jpg

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're better off swapping out the wetside for a new one. Maybe reach out to Ecotech to see if they sell the parts you need.

Lorenz725

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had this happen not to long ago. They do not sell parts for this you have to buy a new wet side. If anyone comes up with a way to replace or fix the ceramic sleeve they would make some good money.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same thing happened to mine, which was actually pretty new.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MP10 seems fragile. I bought a new wetside for mine because I broke the ceramic on the original, and chipped the new one within a month. It's still hanging on fortunately but I'm very careful with it now. Never had a problem with my 3 mp40s

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had this happen not to long ago. They do not sell parts for this you have to buy a new wet side. If anyone comes up with a way to replace or fix the ceramic sleeve they would make some good money.

You are right, hope some people come up with long term solution, i ended up buying two new Wetside from ebay. LoL i hope these last longer than 2 year for this high initial money i paid.

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MP10 seems fragile. I bought a new wetside for mine because I broke the ceramic on the original, and chipped the new one within a month. It's still hanging on fortunately but I'm very careful with it now. Never had a problem with my 3 mp40s

I got 2 MP 40 WQD as well, those MP40 Ceramic shaft are way thicker than mp10 WQD.

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same thing happened to mine, which was actually pretty new.

My WQD just 2 months over the 12 months warranty period, I am pretty much out of luck. Even worst is I broke my WES the same part as i was trying to interchange the WQD Rotor to WES, it got stuck half way through the shaft and by the time I pull it out it damaged my wes ceramic shaft. LOL

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been having similar issues following thread.

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of mine break free and I used a tiny bit of superglue put into one side of the ceramic tube, made sure to put that side down first onto the shaft and let it cure. That was over a year ago and I haven't had an issue since. I figured if it didn't work I'd have to buy a new wetside anyway. If you do this just use a little drop of glue so it doesn't squish out and possibly affect function

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of mine break free and I used a tiny bit of superglue put into one side of the ceramic tube, made sure to put that side down first onto the shaft and let it cure. That was over a year ago and I haven't had an issue since. I figured if it didn't work I'd have to buy a new wetside anyway. If you do this just use a little drop of glue so it doesn't squish out and possibly affect function
They really should offer some parts for that ceramic parts. Mine one is way too late to just glue it, the tips are not that smooth.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MP10WQD ceramic shaft just gave out just hours ago. Started with a funny sound coming from the pump when I took it apart I found out way.

Seems there is no shaft only replacement still?

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MP10WQD ceramic shaft just gave out just hours ago. Started with a funny sound coming from the pump when I took it apart I found out way.

Seems there is no shaft only replacement still?

I am afraid not. Just bought the whole wetside and keep the magnet and cover as spare lol.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original MP10 wetside cracked a couple years after I bought it used. I finally replaced it earlier this year. The new wetside cracked maybe a week or so after I installed it. I still let it run with the cracked ceramic, but about 2 weeks ago it finally just seized up on me or something. The controller flashed green and red no matter what I did. I said the heck with it and tossed the wetside and won't be using an MP10 anymore. The two Tunze 6055's provide more than enough flow.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear all the woes about MP10s. I have 4 of them going on 5 years old. I clean them every other month in 50/50 vinegar/RO solution then lube the shafts w/ vegetable glycerin. Have had zero issues outside of the occasional snail getting "soccer booted" by impeller.

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear all the woes about MP10s. I have 4 of them going on 5 years old. I clean them every other month in 50/50 vinegar/RO solution then lube the shafts w/ vegetable glycerin. Have had zero issues outside of the occasional snail getting "soccer booted" by impeller.

I have both MP10 WQD AND MP40 WQD, but the shaft in MP40 is way more durable way thicker.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vegetable glycerin is reef safe?

OP
OP
C

cocolococo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll try this from now on, Thanks. Just normal vegetable glycerin from health supplement store?

Back