MP10 flashingwhite

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo662
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
4,943
Reaction score
2,168
Location
Austin, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Friday morning lightening fried my apex so I've had to plug everything into power strips for the time being. Everything else works fine except the MP10. I've googled but can't find this exact issue. I power it up (no apex connected) it's red for about a second, changes to white, fades to blue and starts running. it only stays blue for a second then starts flashing white. The prop runs slow. This last stage lasts for a couple of minutes the all goes dark. The only thing I can find on a white blink is that it indicates feed mode. I initially thought it was stalling so I soaked in water / vinegar but i get the same results after that.

Any ideas?
 
Is it a slow or fast flash. Know that's relevant to the eyes looking at it, but may possibly have an answer depending.
 
Sorry, I should have noted that. I tried resetting but the only button that reacts is the power button. I did send a message to ecotech but figured I'd see if anyone here had seen the issue.
 
Same thing happened to me a week ago, I ultimately called customer support and they walked me through taking it apart and resetting the wireless board that's in there
 
Hey OP try unplugging the Apex and leave it unplugged for 48 hrs. This will kill the onboard battery and force a diagnostic on the Apex. If the firmware got corrupted it should do a fix then boot. I had a short when water got on my power bar and it took down the Apex and I fixed it this way. Mine would not even turn on before I did this and after 48 hr it booted up no problem. Not saying it will fix yours but is well worth trying.
 
Hey OP try unplugging the Apex and leave it unplugged for 48 hrs. This will kill the onboard battery and force a diagnostic on the Apex. If the firmware got corrupted it should do a fix then boot. I had a short when water got on my power bar and it took down the Apex and I fixed it this way. Mine would not even turn on before I did this and after 48 hr it booted up no problem. Not saying it will fix yours but is well worth trying.

OMG...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for responding! That did the trick.
 
Yeah, I assumed since the WXM wasn't connected it would run manually. The only programming I had on it was a feed mode.
 
That is because it was probably still synced. A factory reset of the pump would have fixed that to. Well at least should have. I find my pumps do that if I had a few synced and I removed one. I have to reset all of them and they worked.

It is great it is up and running again. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new