MP10 Issue w/ magnetizing

reefrealtors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one MP10 with two power heads to swap out for my Nuvo 20, I just cleaned both but now neither will magnetize. Anybody know why? I’m using the spacer , I’ve never had this problem , I’ve had power heads under a year.

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one MP10 with two power heads to swap out for my Nuvo 20, I just cleaned both but now neither will magnetize. Anybody know why? I’m using the spacer , I’ve never had this problem , I’ve had power heads under a year.
I’ve read some people unplugging the dry side and connecting them. Something about the electric current doing something to the magnets.

OP
OP
R

reefrealtors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read some people unplugging the dry side and connecting them. Something about the electric current doing something to the magnets.
Unplug the motor and it somewhat refreshes it ? Hmm I had stuck my hand and pretty much force held it for like a minute and it started working , I can hear the propeller spinning , unless it’s the motor but I hope it’s not hurting my tank mates , they’re just chilling right now . Thank you for that !

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 47 73.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back