MP10 question

  • Thread starter Thread starter inetjnky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

inetjnky

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
581
Reaction score
319
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a Vortech MP10. I see people using the battery backup modules from ExhoTech that are made for them. Was curious however if anyone has plugged these into a battery backup that you'd use for a computer? Shouldn't hurt it I wouldn't think?
 
Yes you can plug them into those but it will not last long at all. For a very short term back up option it will work but won't last long like the ones Ecotech makes for them
 
For the cost I would just get the ecotech back up. The cost of a UPS that would match the backup is more than what the ecotech one does.
 
I run my tanks off of APC pro 1500's and have sustained power outages of 3 hours. Honestly I don't know how long they would run. But I only run my AI primes and circulation off battery
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new