MP10 Suddenly Really Loud

jordan9095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from vacation yesterday and my MP10 was noticably louder. It is a quiet drive model so I would really only hear it on max pulse before this issue. Now it is making a loud ticking noise. I tried to clean the wet side and it is even louder now. So loud that I can't leave it on. Is there any tricks to fix this or do I need to buy another one? This one lasted less than a year.... maybe i'll get a different brand

Thanks

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull apart the wet side. This typically happens when you get something growing in the backside where the magnet spins in the housing. You'll likely see some streak markets or wear marks. Baby snails, worm tubs, or other calciferous creatures usually cause this.

If it isn't from that, I'd research bearings.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure it doesn't look like this. Mine made a clicking noise when the magnet burst then just stopped in a couple days (for good).
IMG_2744.jpg

OP
OP
jordan9095

jordan9095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull apart the wet side. This typically happens when you get something growing in the backside where the magnet spins in the housing. You'll likely see some streak markets or wear marks. Baby snails, worm tubs, or other calciferous creatures usually cause this.

If it isn't from that, I'd research bearings.
thanks mate! that did the trick.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back