MP10 wet side grease?

Wiseguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do ecotech pumps have grease in the wet side underneath and above the magnetic impeller component?

I’m asking because my MP10 which I’ve had for about a year start making loud noise and I’ve only cleaned the guard but I took it apart to clean the internal components and scrubbed off this green stuff which I believed to have been algae but I now believe to have been some form of lubricant.

Anyone know if this is accurate and if so where I can get more of the grease lol

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not found it necessary on the wetsides. I always keep a small tin of molycote on hand though.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From factory they've been coming with what I think is a 'break-in' compound, which I personally think is not a lube. I feel it's there to help the ceramic surfaces mate.
After a week of ramping from 20-100%, I clean the 'stuff' off and then use Pentair Aquatics silicone lube on the shaft and base, then assemble and manually spin the prop to spread the lube.

I dis-assemble/clean/lube all my wet sides every 6 weeks or so to keep them quiet

OP
OP
Wiseguy

Wiseguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell others what you did
Ran it at 20% for a day, then ramped it back up to my normal flow which doesn’t exceed 60% on my LPS dominant Biocube32. Essentially it’s running fine without any form of grease/lubricant. No noise and no abnormal heat/vibration.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You disassemble the wetside and lube the shaft with a thin coat, the underside of the mag as well.
Then a smal dab where the cage sits on the shaft.
Thank you for these tips. Put the molykote on the MP40 and now absolutely quiet.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MP60 is making A lot of noise, used it for a year so I know its not the spacer and I dissembled it and cleaned it but it still makes noise. I dont want to spend the money they are asking for this Molykote. Can't I just use baby oil? If its safe for a baby how can i not use it for my reef?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back