MP10QD

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2014
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
848
Location
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a MP10QD and went to set it up yesterday and it's making this god awful noise? It's definitely coming from the motor... Has anyone else experienced this? Sounds louder then a 3-4 year old Mp40! I read a few things from a quick Google search but nothing helped. I tried unplugging it and I've had it on low speed constant mode since yesterday. I read online that Ecotech recommend this when the QD pumps first came out? Idk I thought these were supposed to be completely silent? Any help would be greatly appreciated
 
Bought a MP10QD and went to set it up yesterday and it's making this god awful noise? It's definitely coming from the motor... Has anyone else experienced this? Sounds louder then a 3-4 year old Mp40! I read a few things from a quick Google search but nothing helped. I tried unplugging it and I've had it on low speed constant mode since yesterday. I read online that Ecotech recommend this when the QD pumps first came out? Idk I thought these were supposed to be completely silent? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would definitely send your pump serial# and issue info over to the EcoTech Customer Service team, right away. They should be able to respond first thing tomorrow morning.

See my signature for the direct link.
 
Yeah I plan on emailing them asap. They always take great care of me and have great CS imo.
Just checking to see if anyone who experienced this found a solution to this.
 
Yeah I plan on emailing them asap. They always take great care of me and have great CS imo.
Just checking to see if anyone who experienced this found a solution to this.

Did you end up having to replace the dry side? Mine sounds terrible since about 2 days ago, just bought it back in May. Sounds like a constant rattle or something. Definitely anything but quiet.
 
Did you end up having to replace the dry side? Mine sounds terrible since about 2 days ago, just bought it back in May. Sounds like a constant rattle or something. Definitely anything but quiet.
Yes they replaced it, the best way to tell if it's the dry side is to take the dry side off and see if it still makes that sound. [emoji4] mine was more like a constant wizzzzz... idk how else to describe it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new