MP40’s

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my MP40’s on my 90 gallon reef tank
I have placed each in the center on the side approximately 10” down from the top (tank height is 23”)
I currently have just a few soft corals and only plan on soft and lps for the time being, I’m not sure what to set the powerheads at or how the programs work using the Mobius app
I have each set on reef crest and added the nutrient mode into the schedule but I’m not sure how long or if there’s a standard program to enable the nutrient mode
This is my current setting
I’m not sure if the nutrient setting should be constant or spilt up or how it’s meant to be implemented?
1634484339689.png

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with mobius but nutrient transport is it’s own flow pattern. Not sure if mobius lets you choose and schedule different modes/times for flow patterns? I use the controller itself. If there is support for doing so I would schedule nutrient transport to run after your normal tank feeding schedule and run this pattern for an hour or so then switch back to reef crest.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of how mobius works will chime in and help more than I have! Lol

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with mobius but nutrient transport is it’s own flow pattern. Not sure if mobius lets you choose and schedule different modes/times for flow patterns? I use the controller itself. If there is support for doing so I would schedule nutrient transport to run after your normal tank feeding schedule and run this pattern for an hour or so then switch back to reef crest.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of how mobius works will chime in and help more than I have! Lol
I’m still learning the Mobius app but it appears I can schedule a variety of patterns at which ever times I want.
I have the flow rate at 50 % do you think that’s good for now since I really have no corals and the ones I do are soft and haven’t attached to any rock yet

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still learning the Mobius app but it appears I can schedule a variety of patterns at which ever times I want.
I have the flow rate at 50 % do you think that’s good for now since I really have no corals and the ones I do are soft and haven’t attached to any rock yet
50% is a good place to start. These things really do move a lot of water pretty effectively IMO.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrient transport is a flow pattern that is supposed to lift loose debris into the water so it can be filtered out.
I generally run it 4 or more hours at night.
To be most effective you will need to set the pumps up as master/slave.

You can set different flow patterns at different pump speeds that repeat on a 24 hour cycle.
I run my 2 MP40s at 30% on a 4 foot 75 gallon.

There are several articles at Ecotech where you can learn what Vortechs can do and how to use Mobius.
https://support.ecotechmarine.com/hc/en-us/articles/206231108-VorTech-Modes-Explained

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrient transport is a flow pattern that is supposed to lift loose debris into the water so it can be filtered out.
I generally run it 4 or more hours at night.
To be most effective you will need to set the pumps up as master/slave.

You can set different flow patterns at different pump speeds that repeat on a 24 hour cycle.
I run my 2 MP40s at 30% on a 4 foot 75 gallon.

There are several articles at Ecotech where you can learn what Vortechs can do and how to use Mobius.
https://support.ecotechmarine.com/hc/en-us/articles/206231108-VorTech-Modes-Explained
Thank you

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back