MP40 blinking green light

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Mp40s on my tank ,, one seems to be working fine with a solid green color ,,, the other doesn't appear to be working right and has a blinking green light ,,, before I get to messing with it, thought I would check here ,, see if someone knows what is wrong with it and what I need to do :)

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Mp40s on my tank ,, one seems to be working fine with a solid green color ,,, the other doesn't appear to be working right and has a blinking green light ,,, before I get to messing with it, thought I would check here ,, see if someone knows what is wrong with it and what I need to do :)
You can call ecotech and a real person will answer the phone. I would go there. It is what you are paying for with the brand name.

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it hooked up to a battery backup? In that case, it indicates that the pump is running on the battery instead of the power supply.
I had this happen to me, and it turned out to be that the wall plug on the power supply had gotten loose. Putting that back in place solved the problem :)

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it hooked up to a battery backup? In that case, it indicates that the pump is running on the battery instead of the power supply.
I had this happen to me, and it turned out to be that the wall plug on the power supply had gotten loose. Putting that back in place solved the problem :)

Believe it or not ,,, I just figured that out ,, it is running from the battery back up :) found that out when I went into my Reef Link on my phone ,, its not blinking anymore ,, but the phone still says its on the battery ,,I was looking to see what I had hooked up wrong ,,, they both seem to me ,, hooked up the same way ,, wires from both are going to the same places,,,

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not blinking green any longer,, I have checked the wall plugs ,, everything good there,, I am thinking since its not blinking green ,, it shouldn't be on the battery and maybe it will take a bit of time for my phone to show its on wall power ,,, have no idea,, all of that is just a guess ,,

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back