mp40 driver or motor bad?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
942
Location
Yellow Springs ohio
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have an old mp40 that will not run anymore. If I plug in the driver it will cycle through the lights then will light very dim and will not do anything, no mode changes or no motion in the motor. I am guessing the driver but hate to spend $90 on a driver only to find out it is the motor. Any suggestions as to how to narrow down which it might be?
thanks
Jeff
 
Sent to ecotech
Sure. Send it to them. I just paid shipping and sent my Nero 5 to them and was told to pay about $145 to fix it. Heard their customer service went down hill and it was true.
 
I have an old mp40 that will not run anymore. If I plug in the driver it will cycle through the lights then will light very dim and will not do anything, no mode changes or no motion in the motor. I am guessing the driver but hate to spend $90 on a driver only to find out it is the motor. Any suggestions as to how to narrow down which it might be?
thanks
Jeff

1-Test it without the wet side attached to the dry side, this is to check if a defective dry side is causing the issue.
2-Perform a hard reset, there are a few videos on youtube on how to do this.
3-If you have a multimeter, test the output of the power supply. 24v or 32v depending on the model. I have some MP40 doing that and the issue was the power supply output was not right, they Power ON but not enough power to move the dry side.

Hope this help.
 
I had a bad power supply that was giving me the same errors. Amazon has a generic power supply that works great for $20.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new