MP40 Dry Side Bracket/Safety Holder

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been concerned with accidentally popping off the MP40 and having it hit the tile, so I decided to design and print a safety holder/guard. I use the wire clips and they hold, but there's nothing like added safety for those expensive pieces of equipment.

PXL_20240124_021458425.jpg PXL_20240124_022914040.jpg

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you willing to share your stl file? I wouldn’t mind printing some for my MP40’s.
Only if I get a "Boiler Up!" (I'm a Purdue grad, lol). PM me and I can send it over tomorrow. I might be able to ship some out to people that don't have a printer too. My filament printer is down currently, so it would be in grey resin, which I honestly think looks better. I might need to get some black resin...

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love the STL as well! What adhesive do you use to fix it to the glass?

Hit me up in pm and I can send it over later today. I use 3M double sided adhesive. Similar to this, but I got it from my hardware store. The stuff sticks and doesn't move. I stick it to the piece, leaving the side that will stick to the tank with the plastic cover on it. I cut it with a razor blade to the size and then remove the cover and stick it.

https://a.co/d/hprYtbz

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump up incase anyone is interested in any. I can send file or look to ship a couple for people that don't have printers. If anyone would like something else designed or printed, feel free to hit me up. I enjoy doing this and helping out others!

lazidog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump up incase anyone is interested in any. I can send file or look to ship a couple for people that don't have printers. If anyone would like something else designed or printed, feel free to hit me up. I enjoy doing this and helping out others!
I would love to get the stl to print some myself, have 8 mp40s

Salkio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Boiler Up!"
Sent you a PM too :) Forgot to include that haha

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I'd had one of these.... Wife bumped mine and it hit the ground last week. Still works but not properly. Great idea

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back